Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Frequent Contributor I

Aruba Instant 105 with Amigopod for Guests

Can this be setup?  We currently use Amigopod (with AP125's) and configure all settings via the controller its pointing back to.  DHCP, login page, welcome page, firewall rules,  etc..all config'd on the master controller.  We add the NAS device on Amigopod and all works well.  But with the IAP's, its a virtual controller.  Can we mimic same setup? 

Aruba Employee

Re: Aruba Instant 105 with Amigopod for Guests

Yes you can use Amigopod for CP behind a instant network. The Virtual controller IP will become the NAS IP on the amigopod.

Regards,

Sathya

Frequent Contributor I

ok.  I have set it up on the IAP Virtual Controller.  for client IP Assignment, I chose 'Virtual Controller Assign' .  We do not want the Guest users getting an internal IP.  The clients are getting a 172.16 address, where is it getting that from?  also, we use the Aruba controllers for all captive portal options.  Do I have to configure Amigopod for Captive Portal?

Frequent Contributor I

think i got it..will do some testing. thx

Frequent Contributor I

ok, Guest is broadcasting, client is getting 172.16 address, however, cannot access the Web.  What port do I use for the external splash page?  Im using 1812

Aruba Employee

[ Edited ]

select port 80. You must also enable dynamic radius proxy under the advanced settings tab. The dynamic radius proxy ensures  that all RADIUS traffic is sourced from the virtual controller IP address and not from the individual IP addresses of each Instant access point. 

I know you will not be comfortable using port 80 and want to use 443, but this will cause an error. So the work around for this is to goto

Amigopod and on Administrator > Network Setup > Login Access page,select the Require HTTPS for guest access checkbox. With this setting enabling all attempts to access a guest Web Login or Self Registration page will automatically be directed to HTTPS if not already using this protocol.

Regards,

Sathya

Frequent Contributor I

Still not redirecting to the Amigopod welcome page.  Might be an issue with DNS.  We use public DNS for guests, cant ping it.  I have the firewall temporaily set to unrestricted so I dont think ICMP would be blocked at this point.

Aruba Employee

That might be an issue. To remove DNS from the picture, in the IP or Hostname field of the external splash page settings use the IP of the amigopod server instead of FQDN. To make sure you can ping amigopod, the pre-auth role should allow icmp.

Regards,

Sathya

Frequent Contributor I

I am using IP for IP/hostname, using hostname for URL

Aruba Employee

[ Edited ]

In the /URL field don't enter the hostname. For instance if the login page on the Aimogpod is http://10.x.x.10/Aruba_Login.php  (you will give the entire URL on the controller's CP profile), in the instant setting the IP/hostname field should have the IP and the /URL field will have /Aruba_Login.php (don't give the hostname or ip again). Now if you combine the  Port (80), IP (10.x.x.10), and URL (/Aruba_Login.php)  fields on the instant you will get http://10.x.x.10/Aruba_Login.php.

Regards,

Sathya

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: