Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Contributor I

Aruba Utilities Controller Login Error

I am using the latest Aruba Utilities on the Android.  Trying to hit my virtual controller IAP-225.  I have the dns entry, admin name and password in settings.  Here is the log:  

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void ch.ethz.ssh2.transport.TransportConnection.sendMessage(byte[])' on a null object reference *
Error starting session * java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'ch.ethz.ssh2.Session ch.ethz.ssh2.Connection.openSession()' on a null object reference *
*** outWriter returned error, starting login from scratch ***
Error connecting to chch-dellvc.chch.loc:22 * java.net.SocketTimeoutException: The connect() operation on the socket timed out. *
Error closing connection * java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void ch.ethz.ssh2.transport.TransportConnection.sendMessage(byte[])' on a null object reference *
Error starting session * java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'ch.ethz.ssh2.Session ch.ethz.ssh2.Connection.openSession()' on a null object reference *
Error starting session * java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'ch.ethz.ssh2.Session ch.ethz.ssh2.Connection.openSession()' on a null object reference *nullnull
Error connecting to chch-dellvc.chch.loc:22 * java.net.SocketTimeoutException: The connect() operation on the socket timed out. *
Error closing connection * java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void ch.ethz.ssh2.transport.TransportConnection.sendMessage(byte[])' on a null object reference *
Error starting session * java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'ch.ethz.ssh2.Session ch.ethz.ssh2.Connection.openSession()' on a null object reference *nullnull

I have the SSID access open on SSH application control to allow.

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba Utilities Controller Login Error

At this time, there is no support for IAPs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

Re: Aruba Utilities Controller Login Error

Hello Dot,

I have to admit I have never tested the Controller/SSH client of Aruba Utilities against an IAP.  For some reason, it hasn't come up:  I can only remember one question about it over the last 2 years so it hasn't been on my list.

But the app is supposed to work with Aruba products so I can see why expectations are (rightly) set.  I'll take a look and get back to you... but I wouldn't expect it to work for now.

Best wishes,

Peter

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: