Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Contributor I

Blocking backup uplink for user role

Hi!

I have network with one SSID. In that SSID there is two user roles: Basic and Premium (depending on bandwidth). Additionally I have backup uplink (WiFi AND 3G/4G). Could I have configure user roles in that way, where in case of down Ethernet link, backup links will be active ONLY for Premium user role? I think about defining some firewall rules or separate user roles on two SSID's (one SSID for Basic another one for Premium).

Thanks in advance!

Guru Elite

Re: Blocking backup uplink for user role

Probably not, because a transit network is not a source or destination that can be defined in a role...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Separate that on two SSID's will solve the problem?

Guru Elite

It will not, unfortunately.  Maybe someone else has an idea about how this can be done?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

I just read about configuring source-based routing in user guide (ver. 6.3.1.1-4.0). There is information:

"To allow different forwarding policies for different SSIDs, you can configure source-based routing. The source-based
routing configuration overrides the routing profile configuration and allows any destination or service to be configured
to have direct access to the Internet (bypassing VPN tunnel) based on the ACL rule definition."

Maybe using two SSIDs I could define forwarding policy which will be blocking traffic through backup uplink (for Basic privileges)?

Guru Elite

But that would only allow a single gateway per role. If you are using redundancy you need more than one, right?

Colin Joseph

Contributor I

In attachement there is scenario of 2 level backup (there is RAP-155 instead of RAP-3). I want create two groups of users: Basic (max 256kbps bandwidth) and Premium (max 1Mbps bandwidth). In case of down default link (Ethernet), backup links (WiFi or 3G/4G) will be active ONLY for Premium.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: