Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

Bridge ENET0 and ENET1 on IAP-225?

Hi

I have two IAP-225 that I have configured. It does not seem to work to stack them. I did like this... (I want to avoid one more long cabel from the server room and also a separate switch with only two connections).

Did power the first IAP-225 with 12V as the docs states that the other port will be unusable if PoE is used.

Connect the ethernet cable from the server room switch to ENET0. This AP now works as intended as it's comfigured correctly.

I power the second IAP-225. Also with 12V. Then I connect a cable from ENET1 on the first AP to ENET0 on this second one. This does not seems to work. Cannot use the second IAP-225 as the network to it does not work. I thought this was a 2 port switch on the back .... 

Am I missing something here? How can I use the ethernet ports on the back on IAP-225 no 1 as a 2 port dummy switch?

Thanks in advance

Per-Olov Sjöholm

SE

MVP

Re: Bridge ENET0 and ENET1 on IAP-225?

You'll need to set a wired port profile and attach it to the port.
ACDX #419 | ACMP |
Occasional Contributor II

[ Edited ]

Ahhh.

But how?

I have a default_wired_port_profile, but cannot see anything related to this. But maybe "network assignments" and the ports 0/0 -> 0/4 are the ones to attach a profile to. But I have two physical ethernet ports but 5 in the GUI to assign profiles to.

Per-Olov

Occasional Contributor I

I have the same issue, i want to connect my NAS to the second port of the AP, i only have one cable running to the AP location. So can we use the second port for this with those port profiles?

And what do the other ports do? As mentioned above.

Valued Contributor II

HI,

Can you describe the issue little more.

1. Is eth port of IAP2 witch is latched to IAP1 is up, can you see any link activity.

2. If the link activity is there, check the VLAN assignment, and IP assignment method

Please ensure the following,

1. Client IP assignment is Network assigned

2. Native VLAN is same as the IAP1 uplink native VLAN

3. First of all , ensure the IAP1 uplink is trunk and the native vlan is configured same as the uplink device port native VLAN

To configure VLAN and IP assignment look at the following snapshot.

Wired1.JPG

Please feel free if the issue is not resolved.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Valued Contributor II

HI,

Just now I have learnt that this model is called "IAP Hierarchy deployment model" in this model of deployment different than the regular one.

You have a solution for your requirement, you can bring up IAP2 as a mesh point and it will communicate with the VC over the mesh link.

please feel free for nay further query on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
Occasional Contributor I

Have it assigned vlan1 now, it had vlan 1000 (for some reason). Because i only have one vlan i do not (need to) create trunks.

I've attached some relevant info.

Wired_poortvliet-1.png

Wired_poortvliet-2.png

Wired_poortvliet-3.png

Occasional Contributor I

I don't really understand what you mean. Are you saying that the second port on this AP cannot be used for "other" equipment but another AP?

Aruba Employee

You can use eth1 to connect to other IAPs or other wired devices, but they cannot be mixed and matched on the same port. The eth1 must only have IAPs connected or only non-IAP devices connected.

Thanks,

Yan Liu
Valued Contributor II

Hi Maxpeen,

I don't really understand what you mean. Are you saying that the second port on this AP cannot be used for "other" equipment but another AP?

Yes my friend. IAPs are designed such a way that, if you connect any device to the eth1 port IAP will act as a bridge but when you connect an other IAP still it works as a bridge but both IAPs can not be in the same cluster and Master beacons wil be sent separately and it become an hierarchical deployment.

Therefore with this deployment model we can not justify your requirement. still if you want to save the cable, you can try Mesh with IAP.

Please feel free if you need some clarity on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: