Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

Captive portal on IAP can supported roaming right?

Guru Elite

Re: Captive portal on IAP can supported roaming right?

Within the same cluster.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Hi Colin Joseph,

Thank you for reply me. Now the customer use  1 virtual controller but when client mover to other IAP that must authenication again. 

I serch in KB already and found about WISPr configuration as link below.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/What-is-the-purpose-of-Wireless-Internet-Service-Provider/ta-p/178924

WISPr should configuration on this case or not.  If not to do. Please solution for recommend on this case. Thank you .

Best Regards

Guru Elite

So are you saying that there are 2 IAPs in this cluster or only one?  If both IAPs are in the same cluster, there should not be any need to authenticate twice.  If both are in different clusters, the answer is yes.

What is the use case here and why is wispr an option?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Hi

I found same cluster but cannot roaming on captive portal. i add configuration already. Please help me to check this configure. I don't know what a mistake on this configure. Thank you.

Best Regards

Aruba Employee

Can I ask why you have both mac-authentication and internal captive portal enabled on the same SSID?
Occasional Contributor I

Hi 

Because firstime the customer told me cannot roaming on captive portal that make them try to use MAC authentication for block compain fronm user.

Aruba Employee

Do you mean the recommendation came from Aruba? Or someone else?
Occasional Contributor I

No it's not recommended but the customer try to do something for help user not authentication again when user move to other IAP.

Aruba Employee

Ok... We should remove mac-authentication; it does not help caching the client's captive portal authentication state for internal captive portal; in fact it would make things worse.

Before, when only internal captive portal is enabled, and mac-auth is disabled, was the client state not carrying-over during roaming? What behavior did you see exactly?
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: