Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

Chomecast does not work!

Today I had to reset all my AP105 devices. Now I can't get 2 chromecast devices to work. Do I have to change settings to the airgroup service. I did not checked anything. (see attachmend) Are there other things I have to change?

Re: Chomecast does not work!

Forgot to mention: I can see the chromecast, and when I trie to set it up with the chromecast app, I get a message that it cannot connect to the network. 1 or 2 times, that did work, but then I got a message that is was connected, but that it had no internet connection...

Guru Elite

If you have "Broadcast filter all" disabled (default)" you should not need to enable Airgroup if the Chromecast is on the same VLAN as your client.

If you have "Broadcast filter all" enabled or your client is on a different VLAN than your client you need to make sure Airgroup is enabled, DLNA is checked and Chromecast is checked and enabled.

If your clients still cannot reach your chromecast device, make sure you do not have any user rules that block your clients from sending traffic to your Chromecast devices indicated here:  https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/ZGm4p8VcpAU

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs

The first solution works! However, Broadcast filter all" disabled was not disabled by default.

Thanks.

Dries

Contributor II

This Media devices usually use DLNA or Bonjur and so on so you can enable the required services to be passed in network as if there is any service or traffic that need specif port number which is related to service is not open you will find the issues.

Islam Zidan │ Professional Services Engineer | ACCP,ACMP,CWDP,CWNA,CCNP,MCITP,Competia A+
If you Found My Post Helping you kindly Give KUDOS and if it solved your question Kindly hit Accept as a solution box.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: