Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

Client preventing other clients from connecting to SSID

I have several users that are unable to connect to corporate SSID when there a particular client connected. If I blacklist the suspect client, then users are then able to connect. Once I remove from blacklist, other users lose connectivity. I repeated this test several times, and the results were consistantly the same.

Guru Elite

Re: Client preventing other clients from connecting to SSID

Does this client use encryption?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

He uses TKIP encryption if that's you mean. EAP TLS is also a requirement to connect to our ssid. I don't know much else about the client as it sits inside of a train locomotive and I do not have access.
Guru Elite

I would do a packet capture on the channel during the incident to understand what is going on.  You are giving us very limited information.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thank you and I understand it is difficult to troubleshoot with little information. I have to coordinate with others as the location is 1500 miles away and rely on users to let me know when train is there.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: