10-06-2012 01:08 PM
Quick question hopefully.
I have an IAP-105 in Europe that is trying to be converted to a campus AP on a controller in the US. Is there regulations that is preventing this IAP from being converted? If fails during the attempts.
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-07-2012 10:27 AM - edited 10-07-2012 10:29 AM
To convert an IAP to controller based the Regulatory Domains between the IAP and controller must match:
- An Unrestricted IAP (AKA ROW) such as the IAP-105 cannot connect to a -US controller.
- Similarly, a -US IAP cannot connect to an Unrestricted / ROW controller.
- A -US IAP can connect to a -US controller.
- The same is true for IAP's with the -JP or -IL designations.....they can only connect to -JP or -IL controllers.
- A Unrestricted / ROW IAP can connect to an Unrestricted / ROW controller.