Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

MVP

Deploying Instants with a wifi uplink

All,

I'm currently working with a customer that has a couple of dozen RAPs out in the field. We have the Activate + ClearPass integration and it's going real well.

The one thing that came up during this rollout is that a couple of people are just not able to place the RAP near their home Internet connection. One of the workarounds that I'm currently testing is the following:

1. IAP-109 in Instant mode running 4.1.1.7 code

2. Setup the IAP in the IAP-VPN configuration to tunnel back to the controller in a L3, Distributed manner

3. Set the wifi uplink on a per-user basis.

4. Save the configuration file and copy and paste it into these one-off configs, as needed.

The question I had, is this the best way to go about this type of deployment? Has anyone had success rolling out a larger set of IAPs with the wifi uplink enabled?

Thanks for your time!

-Mike

Valued Contributor II

Re: Deploying Instants with a wifi uplink

HI,

Plan looks good, but why only Distributed L3 ? I believe Distributed L2 is more suitable and stable.

More over, WiFi uplink work fine with any IAP (RAP) but depends on the WIFI service providing device.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
MVP

Re: Deploying Instants with a wifi uplink

Hi Venu,

I have the most experience with L3, Distributed, but I'll give the L2, Distributed a try, too. It looks like that configuration give the user the most "RAP"-like experience. Is that your take on it, too?

In terms of the wifi, I'm just not sure you can program the wifi uplink on anything but a case-by-case basis. It would be great if the user could be prompted with a generic page when they first log in to enter their wifi credentials - similar to how one sets up a phone. I don't think that's an available option, though. Granted, it would be something like the "Hotel Connect" feature of the RAPs that used to be touted by Aruba.

-Mike

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: