Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

Do Iap-105 AP's have ClientMatch available? What is the process to configure?

We have 30 IAP-105's in our plant. There is a sticky device issue where a model PB50 Intermec printer won't roam.

Does the model 105 have ClientMatch available? If so, how is it turned on and configured?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Bob

MVP

Re: Do Iap-105 AP's have ClientMatch available? What is the process to configure?

[ Edited ]

Yes it is supported but whether it is available or not will depend on the version IAP OS .

ClientMatch is also enabled by default

What version are you running?

It is under the RF tab

2015-03-25 10_53_29-Instant.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Re: Do Iap-105 AP's have ClientMatch available? What is the process to configure?

Thank you for the quick response!

IOS is version 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.9_47220

Under RF, ClientMatch was disabled. I enabled it and will test shortly.

Also I noticed that our other 2 settings are different than yours. Should we change them.

I'll only change the ClientMatch for now.

they are Band Steering = Disabled

Airtime Fairness mode = Fair Access.

Greetings,

I enabled Client Match under the RF tab.

When I go under support and run the "client match live" command, I get a message that client match is disabled and scanning notconfigured.

Have I missed something?

thank you.

MVP

Try running the following command:

2015-03-25 20_07_17-Instant.png

2015-03-25 20_07_43-Instant.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Greetings,

the "Status" command is not available. There is an "AP Client Match Live" command, so I ran that.

Results are:

ClientMatchLive.jpg

Thank you for your assistance.

MVP

This may be an issue with the code you are running , you should consider opening a TAC case or upgrading to a later code 

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Dear Victor, thank you, may have to do that. when we first found this problem, I used the Maintenance --> "Check for new version" option and it did upgrade the Firmware image by one version. To 6.3.1.8.4.0.0.9_47220. That did not address the roaming device problem.
MVP

you might also want to consider what your minimum and maximum transmit power is set to for ARM. If it's too high devices will not roam properly either. Best to start at min 12 and max 18.

ACDX #419 | ACMP |

Will do. Thanks for the tip.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: