Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

I am getting the error "Received no response from server" when checking for new firmware on my master IAP. I checked firewall logs and it's sending it's traffic to the Aruba servers, but they appear to be down. I've not changed any access rules or anything on the local network since last checking for new firmware either. It worked a week ago. One of the reasons I came into the office today was to upgrade these darn things...

Guru Elite

Re: Firmware update failing with "Received no response from server"

What version of Firmware are you currently on?  Depending on how old your firmware is, it is possible your certificate is expired and it cannot check firmware.  Please let me know what version of Firmware you want and what model of IAP you have and I will send it to you.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't expect it for sure.

Current firmware version is 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.2_48114 and I have five IAP-115. The SSL cert seems to expire in 2021 though, unless there is another cert somewhere I am not aware of that is being used for this connection.

Thanks again!

I got your file and upgraded all the IAPs, so they are now on the updated firmware you sent without issue. I am still seeing "Received no response from server" however still when checking for updated firmware. At least they have been upgraded though. Thanks again for the quick firmware request.

New Contributor

I am having the same problems with updating my firmware and having problems finding the firmware.  Can the file be sent to me.  Currently my 5 IAP 105's are at 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1_46936

thank you!

MVP

do you have access to the support site? if Yes, you can manually download it.
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
New Contributor

I don't have access to the support site and my IAP205 is receiving the same error, currently version 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.3_48994 with cert expiring 8/11/2017.  Can I get a manual update or how do I resolve?

[ Edited ]

Do you have the option to manually upgrade via Image URL?  Go to Maintenance>>Firmware and check the radio button "Image URL."  The URL is: http://images.arubanetworks.com/fwfiles/INSERT_IMAGE_VERSION_HERE

For example, my IAP-205s are currently on 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.7_50209, so to upgrade to the next version I would enter URL: http://images.arubanetworks.com/fwfiles/ArubaInstant_Taurus_6.4.2.6-4.1.1.8_50989

Has always worked like a charm for me.

Regular Contributor I

Might be worth checking DNS as my understanding is that you'll be accessing a download URL, if the DNS server which is being used by the IAP is not correct or having issues then this might be the cause.

ACMA, ACMP
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: