Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

Get Aruba Instant Firmware

Hi everybody:

I have on my own an Aruba AP-225 with ArubaOS 6.3.0.0 preloaded firmware. I need to change the firmware to Aruba Instant Centaurus 4.0.0.0 for my purposes, but I'm unable to find the place where these images can be downloaded from arubanetworks.com.

Could somebody send me the appropiate image file via DropBox, MEGA, etc? I appreciate the help.

Best regards!

Marc D.

Aruba

Re: Get Aruba Instant Firmware

[ Edited ]

Is the AP model AP-225 or IAP-225.  If it is an AP-225 with ArubaOS on it, then you cannot put InstantOS on it.    IAPs can convert to Campus APs, but not the other way around.

For reference all software is available on the Support site with a login:  http://support.arubanetworks.com.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

New Contributor

Thanks for the fast response!

Uh oh, my devide is AP-225... But the datasheet of Aruba AP-220 series (http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_AP220Series.pdf) says I can choose the operating mode, Controller-managed AP or Remote AP (RAP) running ArubaOS™ or Aruba Instant™ AP running InstantOS™. This two availale modes only applies on IAP devices? AP-225 and IAP-225 have the same hardware isn't it? I found surprising to not be able to change the firmware...

By the way; about the login process last week I have tried to register my device. The registration page said me to wait between 3 and 5 days to check my data, but still I don't have received any response. If software is available under the login I can't nowadays access to it. There is perhaps any additional steps I must do in order to obtain guaranteed access to the software?

Thanks a lot!

Marc D.

Aruba

You can email support@arubanetworks.com and inquire about your account creation (doing so will automatically open a TAC case).   Regardless of your access to the support portal, if you have an AP-225, you cannot put InstantOS on it.  

There are two modes to meet your management requirements (controller or Instant) as the datasheet shows below.   However, you need to choose whether you want an IAP or AP model before buying.    If you are in doubt, buy an IAP as it can convert back and forth; however, the "AP" variant model cannot be reconfigured as an Instant.  

1) Controller-managed Campus or Remote AP

2) InstantAP running InstantOS

ap225-modes.png

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

New Contributor

OK, thanks for your clarifications.

New Contributor

There's absolutely no way to re-flash the AP and install InstantOS on it? Seems kind of a waste of an AP when in a situation where controller-less configuration is desired.

David.

Guru Elite

webnetwiz,

We are restricted by the regulatory bodies to only allow devices that were purchased as an instant device to function as an instant device.  We do not have a choice.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

just imagine controller-AP-based environments were you put factory-default AP's freshly unboxed into that network, or in case were AP gets faulty. then you would waste more time to setup/convert each unboxed IAP to AP with the maintenance conversion menu . 

i agree to that "wish" if IAP's would support DHCP options were they would convert them live by themselves during boot process to controller campus managed AP's . 

Guru Elite

bg,

Please post that request on the ideas portal.

The vast majority of users know what their AP will be used for ahead of time and purchase them based on how they will be deployed (campus or IAP) initially.  Mass conversions can already be done if you bring up all your IAPs in a single cluster and click on Convert.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: