Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

How do I mount ap-ant-15 to shoot wifi signal to exterior structure from main building?

MVP

Re: How do I mount ap-ant-15 to shoot wifi signal to exterior structure from main building?

From the spec-sheet here: (http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/ap-ant-15_ss.pdf)

It looks like you screw it to the side of one building pointed more-or-less toward the other.

Isn't 120degrees a little wide for a poit to point link? Or are you hoping to serve mobile clients in the region between buildings as well?

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
New Contributor

Re: How do I mount ap-ant-15 to shoot wifi signal to exterior structure from main building?

That is what the sales rep suggested.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Depending on what AP you are connecting to and distance you might look at an antenna with higher gain such as the ANT-2x2-5314.  This is a 30deg antenna and 14dBi gain.  This has a narrow focus so it does not "hear" as much noise from the environment. Keep the connector types in mind.  Outdoor antennas will have Type-N connectors, as do our outdoor APs where indoor APs use RP-SMA connectors so you need an adaptor.

For a complete list of our supported antennas please click ~here~ .  This matrix shows a photo of the antenna, gain, antenna pattern, and the connector type.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: