Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

We have some IAP's that are off line and will be be back for a while.  I'd like to remove them from the cloud controller, Aruba Central, so I do not have to see them as down.  I cannot find a way to remove them.  I've gone to Manager Devices and removed them from licensing but cannot find a way to remove them from my list of AP's.

Thanks

Robert

Aruba Employee

Re: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Hrm...good question!  I've only put mine up there and left them.

I will check with our product team and get back to you.

Rog

Aruba Employee

Robert - the current design does not allow users to 'delete' devices from their portal. Deletion of devices would also mean deletion of historical data and we wanted to safe guard against that.

You mentioned that your devices will come back online soon...is there a specific reason why you want to 'delete' them from your account? I would like to understand the use case to see if we can accomodate the need with current design or make necessary changes to it if needed.

- Srini

Occasional Contributor I

Well we initially got some IAP-225's that were going to be rolled out.  We had issues that Aruba is looking into so in the meantime they shipped us some 135's to deploy until the other issues with the 225's can be worked out.  So those AP's are in the way on the cloud view.  I see thoes we are not using as down which is pretty annoying to check status at a glance.  I should be able to put those into "maintenance mode" or move them to an offline profile or something so they aren't seen in my default views.  Make sense?

Robert

Occasional Contributor I

I've created a "maintenance" profile to dump the offline AP's into so I can avoid seeing them as down in the monitoring sectiion.  I'd still like to be either able to remove them or set them into something like mainenance mode so they do not effect the All Groups stats though.

Robert

Aruba Employee

Robert - that makes sense. We will come up with a plan to handle this better in the coming releases. Thanks for your feedback

Occasional Contributor I

I just encountered another situation when I'd like to be able to remove a AP from the clound.  We had a IAP-135 die and needed to be replaced.  I wish I could remove the of AP from the cloud completely.

Aruba Employee

I have good news for you. This has been implemented and should be available in the next couple of weeks :)

we-listen.jpg

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I realize that this thread is kind of old, but I'm in my portal right now and I still don't see the ability to delete an AP from it anywhere.  Has this been implemented and if so, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks!

Mike

UPDATE: Sorry about this, it does look like it's working, just that it looks like the AP needs to be powered off to remove it.  I should have relized that, sorry for the trouble!

Occasional Contributor I

I also never saw this feature materialize.  Was it delayed?  Abandoned?  Hidden?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: