Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

I have several IAPs running OS 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.4. I've configured AMON on the 3400 Series Mobility Controller. However, I'm not certain if it's possible to enable on the IAP-135s.

Is it possible to enable AMON on the IAP-135s? Are the steps for enabling on a wireless controller the same for IAP135s?

Anthony

Re: How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

AMON is not supported on IAP.

Thanks for the input Marcus. I just received a call from Aruba Support. They confirmed your statement.

I submitted the request for consideration/ideas for the next OS IAP release. Hopefully, the feature will get added in the next OS version.

Anthony
Guru Elite

What functionality are you looking to gain with AMON support?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor II

Hi

i know is an old thread but better ask here than create a similar thread

The Functionality i want to gain from AMON is from this post http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Why-you-should-always-enable-AMON-on-your-Aruba-Controller-when/ta-p/72104

I want to be able to see the same information a controller gives but with an IAP deployment

/carlos

I totally understand that AMON is currently not supported/enabled yet. So I have one other question about the setting 'Prefer AMON vs SNMP Polling'.

If I select this option ' Yes', will that impact my polling/monitoring of the IAPs in Airwave?  I use Airwave to monitor activity on both my controllers and IAPs. If I select 'Yes', how will this impact my ability to manage/monitor my IAPs?

Anthony
Guru Elite

For now, please do not enable "prefer amon".  There is an open bug when prefer is on.  You should be just fine without it being set.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

AirWave does not poll IAP nor does it use SNMP to talk to IAP.   Instead, IAP collects either 60 or 120 seconds of data, .zip's that info into a package, then pushes that package to AirWave who then unpacks it and adds the data.  This is not configurable.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: