Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Frequent Contributor II

IAP 104 Home Deployment

What antenna would you recommend for a IAP 104 deployment in a large home?

Guru Elite

Re: IAP 104 Home Deployment

If it is large home and there are walls and furniture, you probably will not be able to cover it with a single access point.  External antennas do not increase the output power: they change the "shape" of the radiated power; so if you have a directional antenna, it will put more power in one direction and less in the opposite direction.  You are better off using multiple access points or use external antennas if you want the coverage to be "shaped" in a way that does not resemble the 105s coverage.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. 

The home is about 5500 sq ft.  I am deploying 3 IAP 104's, one on each floor.  Would you use the AP-ANT-1F?

Guru Elite

Deltr0nz wrote:

Thanks for the reply. 

The home is about 5500 sq ft.  I am deploying 3 IAP 104's, one on each floor.  Would you use the AP-ANT-1F?

The 1F will give it a more doughnut-shaped type of coverage which covers more horizontal area than an AP105.  That is what I would use, if that is what type of coverge you want.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

What gain should I be using for 2.4 and 5.

The website suggests 2dbi for the 2.4 and 5dbi for the 5.

Is this correct?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: