Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

IAP-215 software upgrade fail

Hi guys, 

I’m having an issue to upgrade wifi network formed by 03 IAP-215  from current version 6.4.2.3-4.1.2.1_49445 to last version 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666.

I’ve tried via web interface under Maintenance menu and also downloaded the file and send it manually selecting it from my HD. The system message indicates upgrade was successfully but after the reboot it still shows wrong on previous version.

Please, is there something wrong on last version 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666 or I’m doing something wrong?

Tks

Guru Elite

Re: IAP-215 software upgrade fail

If you can SSH into the VC, you should execute "show log system" and "show log upgrade" and "show upgrade info", to see if you can get a clue what is going on.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs

Hi Colin, tks for you contribution here!

I've checked logs and didn't find any info on "log system" looking for the date when I tried the upgrade (nothin was registered for 29-Feb and 1-Mar). There is no info at "log upgrade" showing not avaiable/incomplete and "show image" shows the new image as backup.

Backup build date looks strange when comparting to current image as showed below.. not sure if this means something.

Primary Partition Build Time     :2015-04-05 02:10:58 PDT

Backup Partition Build Time      :PST-00-Nov 22 16:41:06

Evidences are attached, if you find something please let me know.

Tks

Guru Elite

Start the upgrade (with reboot unchecked) and then when it is done, run those commands and paste in the output here.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs

Ok, sounds good, tks! I'm going to do that just waiting to the appropriate operational window. 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: