Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Contributor I

IAP-277 Radios Appear Disabled?

I have a cluster of (2) IAP-277's located at our schools football stadium.  One seems to be working fine, however the other doesn't seem to have either of it's (2) radios working.  No clients will connect and in the monitor section of the GUI it is all flat lines.  I've tried wiping the configuration.  I've tried to downgrade firmware on the VC but it keeps saying file invalid and that was one I just downloaded from the Aruba site so not sure what to try next.  Hopefully someone has seen this behavior and can assist.

Guru Elite

Re: IAP-277 Radios Appear Disabled?

How is that AP277 powered?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Both of them are powered by a Cisco C3560 PoE switch.

Guru Elite

Okay.  SSH into the IAP with the issue and execute the following "show ap debug system-status | begin "Power Status" and paste the output into a reply.

IAP-277# show ap debug system-status | begin "Power Status"
Power Status
------------
Operational State          POE-AT: No restrictions
-----------------          -----------------------
Current HW State           POE-AT: No restrictions
LLDP Negotiated POE Power  0.0W

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

I take that back.  Your statement made me reevaluate my response.  I noticed one was drawing power off the switch (bad) and the other wasn't (good).  I went back and noticed that the PoE injector got unplugged and the switch stepped in.  Plugged the injector back in and all is good.  Thanks for making me look things over again!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: