Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

IAP-325's not working after upgrade from IAP-105's

We recently attempted an upgrade from a cluster of IAP-105's to IAP-325's. This cluster is on it's own VLAN and reports into an AirWave server. 

We took down all the 105's, and turned on the 325's but their radios never powered on. Single solid light on the power side, no light on the radio side. Also the default login and password don't work, even after resetting via reset button and the console. 

I've confirmed a 325 does work completely off the VLAN in seperate network configuration, so it doesn't seem likely to be a hardware problem. I've also updated that 325 to the latest code and it exhibits the same behavior.

Thoughts:

1. Is it possible the new 325's are getting configuration the Virtual Controller of the 105's, even though they're shut off? AirWave remembers the 105's & the VC, so is it trying to push the configuration down? The 105's were on a different code version.

2. Is it possible the new IAP's are pulling configuration from the master set from the DNS & DHCP?

3. Any other thoughts on why these 325's seem to have a bad configuration?

Guru Elite

Re: IAP-325's not working after upgrade from IAP-105's

What is the regulatory domain of the previous cluster?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

They're both US.
Guru Elite

You should SSH into the VC and type "show log system" and type "show log driver" to see if you get any clues.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Will do. Any thoughts on my first or second points/questions?
Guru Elite

We will not know until you run the commands.

Colin Joseph

Guru Elite

How are you powering these access points?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

PoE but we've also tried external power. Would that explain not being able to login with the default password?
Guru Elite

You should first make sure the AP105 is on a version of code that the AP325 supports.  If the AP325s are not the same version as the AP105s, that would be a problem.  You should put a single AP325 on its own network and upgrade it to the version of code on the AP105.  The minimum version of code for the AP325s is 4.2.2.0.  Please upgrade the AP105 cluster to that first, and then add AP325s to it: http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP320Series.pdf

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Is it possible to stand up a completely new cluster without matching the code versions? We took all the 105's down expecting to stand up a new cluster. Does the old cluster persist via AirWave or some other method even though all the 105's are down?
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: