Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

Hi,

I am troubleshooting setting up an external captive portal on an IAP running 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.0_52602.

The issue appears to be when using "authentication text" as the type in for the profile and putting a url, ie "/xyz/abc.html"  --> it does not redirect at all. When I tested with a different site which did not have a URL it redirected correctly.

Interstingly when the authentication type was "radius authentication" and I had a url for redirection it redirected correctly....

Am I missing something obvious? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

MVP

Re: IAP External Captive Portal not redirecting

your best course of action is to open a case with TAC so they can analyze everything
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

So I don't have a valid support contact......

Any suggestions? Has anyone else experieced this issue or can confirm it?

Update,

It actually appears that the extra stuff the IAP appends to the url, my captive portal/webserver can't deal with resulting with error 500.

The example of where it worked seems that that webserver was able to process it. I am checking to see if there is a specific config on it.

Thanks!

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

[ Edited ]

Hi

Any updates to this problem?

I'm facing a somewhat similar problem, a hotel shall utilize an external captive portal residing on the Internet, and thus we use https.

Guest portals using https can be a bit tricky i'm told, and the experience is that users running windows 10 have problems displaying the portal page. Not sure if this is related to OCSP or what, as i'm unable to re-create the problem in my lab with similar equipment.

Instant is running version 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.2

Roar Fossen

MVP

what exactly is your issue Mosher, perhaps start a new thread on it.

Frequent Contributor II

Hi

I did wonder about that when posting.

Found some solution to the problem though.

As i didn't program a specific role for the captive portal, and used the role the system gives med (external CP), i could see that the system was inconsistent in giving the right role to clients.

Not all users where given this role, so they did not get the portal because of the wrong role.

Instead i created a CP logon role, assigned this role to the pre-authentication role on the role-based access rules.

This gave me more accurate assignment of roles than before.

Roar

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: