Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

MVP

IAP Wi-Fi Uplink , Eth port suddenly not functiong (light on) but no comm between lan to unit

Hi Guys,

Good morning,

I have a an issue,

Please look on the following diagram:

IchilovRentgen_Diagram.jpg

I connected an AP-103 as a client to an existing Aruba network , the wi-fi uplink working great,I also converted the AP to standalone mode , and marked the SSID not to be turned off when no uplink avilable , so far so good :) MY ISSUE:  any X time if using/moving - the client connected to the IAP ETH port (That is with ETH0 bridge) get disconnected , and it's seems that the wired interface of the AP aint working (it's happning in 3 diffrent AP'S i tested with two diffrent computers connected to the ETH0 of the AP) , i in that moment im connecting to the IAP wireless , everything is working , it's just the wired port that is on but suddenly dosent do no DHCP and even no answering to Static IP pings from client to PC , reseting the unit (IAP ) solving the issue.

What might causing that? (Spanning tree?) Why the eth0 stop acting as needed while using?

Please advise .

Regards,

Me.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Guru Elite

Re: IAP Wi-Fi Uplink , Eth port suddenly not functiong (light on) but no comm between lan to unit

What version of instant?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
MVP

Re: IAP Wi-Fi Uplink , Eth port suddenly not functiong (light on) but no comm between lan to unit

It's happend on two diffrent InstantOS's (One of them is: ArubaInstant_Pegasus_6.4.3.4-4.2.1.2_53307 )

Tommorw i will on site and try to continue debug (And hope to solve the issue) .

Our Issue: Every once in a while ( Usually couple of minutes)  ETH PORTS seems up but stops doing any traffic to the client pc that connected to the IAP eth port.

We deployed 3 IAP units , 1 on each cart , the IAP creating a unique SSID for each cart (Different SSID for every cart) on 5GHz 44/44+ channel and ETH0 bridging marked in order to transmit the same VLAN as the cart SSID. Each IAP also connected with Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz uplink to the site Wi-Fi network (WPA2Personal Aruba controller based environment ) – the Wi-Fi uplink is usage for management only. EACH IAP on EACH cart is converted to standalone.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: