Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

MVP

IAP105 not accepting valid WPA key

I've got an IAP on the latest code version 6.1.3.1 - 3.0.0.2 which will not accept the following WPA key: <->aaaa*bb^ccc$ddddL3S5 EuCrydeeee@DaSz"ffff\f0r~Th3#7777777<-> (I've changed a couple of the a-z,A-Z characters to protect the innocent.) From what I can see they're all valid characters, i.e. within the range of decimal 32-126 on the ASCII printable character set. Please don't tell me that this is a crazy length key, this is already known. It was only going to be in place to help migrate from a customers old wireless to Aruba.
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Aruba Employee

Re: IAP105 not accepting valid WPA key

Thats a crazy length for a PSK!!! :) (couldnt resist).

Is it only 63 characters?  There are spaces before and after, so I can't tell.  The limit is 63.

MVP

Re: IAP105 not accepting valid WPA key

Haha I knew someone would! :) It's bang on 63 characters. After a little bit of testing it looks like the " character is the culprit.
Cheers
James

-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: