04-02-2016 02:12 AM
Can anybody confirm whether Ethernet0 bridging is supposed to work/be-supported on IAP-27x APs?
In this case, I'm running code 18.104.22.168.
What we're trying to achieve is a portal/point setup, with a P2P wired bridge link over the top. This will connect a remote office with a little switch back to the main network. I've already configured/covered-off;
1. Initial AP-clustering
2. Setting external radio-gains
3. Disabling "instant" SSID.
4. Set a PSK SSID (I assume the mesh-link uses this, god know how it works this out in the software, what happens if you put multiple SSIDs in etc)
5. Disabling extend-ssid.
What I've found, is that the remote end AP works fine, as far as operating as a mesh-point (connected to the portal) is concerned, BEFORE trying to use the Ethernet0 for any reason.
As soon as I enable Eth0 bridging on the remote point, it renders it completely inoperative (symptoms below). Any thoughts?
1. Disconnected from portal (no mesh link shows).
2. "show port status" shows admin "down" on eth0.
3. "setenv enet0_bridging 1" is in the apboot settings.
4. Config looks as per below, which is clearly broken, as before enabling the bridging, the PSK SSID is in there.
POINT1# sho run
clock timezone none 00 00
syslog-level warn ap-debug
syslog-level warn network
syslog-level warn security
syslog-level warn system
syslog-level warn user
syslog-level warn user-debug
syslog-level warn wireless
auth-survivability cache-time-out 24
04-02-2016 05:52 AM
What is the entire IAP OS version?
I don't see the whole config for each side, but see if the attached helps and if you see anything missing on your end. Usually the main thing is to disable the extended SSID and create a dummy client SSID to keep the APs from resetting to default (when the APs reboot if there is no client ssid, they will default).
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer