Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

Instant Models combination

Hi, I'd like to know if I can combine IAP 135 and RAP155 instant in the same instant cluster.?

MVP

Re: Instant Models combination

Yes you can

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Just make sure they are running the same version of IAP SW before connecting them.

Thanks.!!  Is there no problem if one of them are RAP model instant and the other is just IAP.?

MVP

If one is a RAP it won't be able to join an IAP cluster both have to be in IAP mode

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

RAP-3, RAP-10x, and RAP-155 ship with Instant code on them. Out of the box the are Instant APs and can be mixed with any other IAP. They can also be pointed to a controller and be converted to a traditional RAP.
Aruba

I think we (Aruba) unintentionally invoked confusion by releasing an IAP product called a "RAP" which is not to be confused wiht a 'Remote-AP" that is used to connect to a traditional Controller. Any campus AP can be deployed as a "Remote-AP", but as my colleague Marcus articulated, our RAP3, RAP108/109 and RAP155 are IAP's by default...but to confuse matters can also be depoyed as a 'Remote-AP' connected to a headend Aruba Controller. 

Think of it this way, IAP's are the new Remote-AP's but don't have the same limitations as traditional CAP's deployed as Remote-AP's lol :)

| Adam Kennedy, Systems Engineer - adamk@hpe.com

| Service Providers – Aruba, an HPE Company

| Twitter: @adam8021x | Airheads: akennedy

That's good.!! I was not sure of that combination, so, It would not be a problem.

Gracias.!!

Katherine V.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: