Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

Is Dynamic Multicast Optimization (DMO) or D-DMO enabled by default in IAP firmware 6.4.2.6-4.1.3.1

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone, I'm following old (and new) documentation showing how to enable DMO but I'm not seeing the option where the screenshots show them but in the IAPs text configureation report tab I can see that a DMO utilization threshold is configured.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/What-is-Dynamic-Multicast-Optimization-DMO-and-how-it-is/ta-p/179764

Page 95 of attached user guide

Do I need to enable DMO or D-DMO in firmware v6.4.2.6-4.1.3.1 or is it already enabled by default?

Likewise for 'enable broadcast filtering'. There's nothing in the v6.4.2.6-4.1.3.1 GUI to 'enable broadcast filtering' but some of my IAPs have it enabled (ARP) and some don't. I'm assuming some had it configured in an old GUI before I bagan manageing them but that recent firmware updates have moved or hidden the options (and the ability to ssh onto the devices to check/fix it via CLI).

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Is Dynamic Multicast Optimization (DMO) or D-DMO enabled by default in IAP firmware 6.4.2.6-4.1.

The threshold is always configured.  You still need to enable dynamic multicast optimization.  DMO is always disabled by default.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: