Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

MAC filter and RADIUS

Hi,

I just got in to the Aruba AP's and I have setup a RADIUS server which works perfect to login with our company credentials. The only thing I want more is MAC fitlering. How can I setup this? I just want a list with the MAC addresses which can connect. There is an option "Perform MAC authentication before 802.1X" but where do I set the list? Or is there another method?

Name: Aruba Operating System Software

Type: 103

Build Time: 2014-05-29 18:21:55 PDT

Version: 6.4.0.2-4.1.0.0_44004

Thanks for your help.

MVP

Re: MAC filter and RADIUS

In your ssid security setup make sure to enable Mac authentication and then build your list using username/password = MAC address of the device
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I added this but now he asks me a network security key. I tried with the MAC address, the shared secret, ... but none works. Before that I just had to enter my domain loginname and password. I added the user and password (MAC address) under "Users for Internal Server). Is this correct?

Thanks!

MVP

Your SSID should be configure to be open authentication
Your Initial role should be a denyall and define the Mac Auth default role you want your users to get
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Occasional Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks but then I can't use RADIUS anymore, it only connects on MAC authentication then. We want both, either on MAC and with RADIUS. This to avoid that someone uses his domain credentials to put a computer in our network which is not ours.

Or is this possible to add the MAC address to our external RADIUS server in the NPS?

Thanks!

MVP

My apologies.

So what you are trying to do is use Mac auth and 802.1X ? 

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Yes, but I found it out through another way:

I added the Calling station ID to the RADIUS network policy and it works. I separate the MAC addresses with a pipeline.

The MAC addresses have to be in XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX format and not xxxxxxxxxxxx like a lot of people suggest on Google.

Thanks for the help!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: