Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

Migrate Instant Config to new cluster without Airwave Conflict.

I would like some guidance.

I would like to copy the settings form an instant cluster and apply it to a new IAP for another location/cluster. When cluster A’s setting is exported and used for cluster B, cluster B joins to airwave as if it is a part of cluster A which causes a world of conflict for me in airwave.  It doesn't matter if I change the Org or System name on the IAP prior to joining cluster B to airwave.

I figure that there is information in config that has to be purged. Or maybe there is a better way of accomplishing my goal. I’m open to suggestions.

What is the best way to export / import settings without the identity of the donor cluster?

MVP

Re: Migrate Instant Config to new cluster without Airwave Conflict.

try changing the virtual-controller-key in the configuration.
Replace one of the hex characters with another.

Are you simply downloading the configuration from the IAP itself, importing it into another VC?
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Occasional Contributor I

Yes.  I downloaded the config out of a controller then load it on a new IAP at a different site.  I saw the key you mentioned and though it might be the culprit.  I wonder if there is a way to tell the new AP/VC to generate a new one.

I'll try removing the value from the config file and load it up in a new IAP to see what happens.

MVP

No need to remove it, simply change a character.
The key is a unique key per cluster but if 2 VCs have the same key, one of the VCs will not be reporting to Airwave.
ACDX #420 | ACMP
Occasional Contributor I

Ok.  I have a live cluster with the cloned config now.  I'll issue the command virtual-controller-key <modified string> on it then try to add it to my airwave.

Do you know if changing this value on a cluster will break it.  Our will the VC simply pass it on as with any other command.  I only have one spare IAP so it's hard to test a cluster's reaction.

MVP

It won't break it.

Make sure the Org string and key's are different on the IAP configuration as well.
ACDX #420 | ACMP
Occasional Contributor I

It worked like a charm.  Thank you for the help.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: