Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

MVP

Monitoring the IAP Mesh links

Hi!

We´re using IAP275s in a mesh configuration on version 4.2.0.0. Everything seems to be working fine but I lack some kind of good way to monitor the quality of the mesh link in a good way in Airwave. I can log on to the APs themselves and run commands to get a view of the link quality but I would like to present this to the customer in a more user friendly way using Airwave.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Cheers,

Chris

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP | CWNP: CWNA CWDP CWSP
MVP

Re: Monitoring the IAP Mesh links

TBH I haven't scrutinized a mesh link using IAP within AirWave, but I will be setting this up early next week in prep for some other testing. I have created a calendar event to make sure I look at this and will update this thread once complete. If you don't see anything by mid-week next week, hit me via PM here and see if I forgot or ran over. 

Thanks

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
MVP

Got ya, will check on this thread next week. Have a nice weekend!

MVP

So I have a 215/205 IAP mesh link and I don't see anything in AirWave identifying the mesh quality natively. You CAN run a command from AirWave to look at the mesh link quality, but it's not presented in the naitve screens. 

I am going to check with PLM as to whether there are any enhancements to this coming.

Jerrod Howard
MVP

Ok, yeah a view where mesh link quality is measured over time is what I would like to be able to correlate that to problems that happened hours or days ago.

Cheers,

Chris

MVP

I will respond if/when I hear back from PLM on this. If you can log in to support, find the ideas portal, search for 'airwave mesh' and in the Ideas list, there is a "Point to Point wired traffice graph" post there, that I just promoted and commented on. The more these ideas are promoted, the more visible they are to PLM.

Thanks!

Jerrod Howard
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: