Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

Multiple Wireless controller load balance on WAN deployment

Hi All,

Can you advise if this is possble. also if there are Aruba/HPe documentation link that you can show me for this inquiry.

Basically Client have HQ and multiple branch sites all over. While they have a HA wireless controller on there HQ only. The plan is to register close to hundred branches APs to the controller on HQ via MPLS.

Though the MPLS looks ok for the traffic. I am thinking of we could place secondary(or 3) Wireless controller on other branch site so that not all AP will register on same location (metigating possible bottle neck) that way that all AP will have to connect to single controller. this way AP will be loadbalance to multiple wireless controller near its geographic location. While the Wireless controllers will talk between each other. providing failover as well. What do you call this deployment? Also will there be a need for a aruba cloud central on this scenario?

Your advise pls

Thank you

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Multiple Wireless controller load balance on WAN deployment

Where does the client data traffic need to go?
Cheers,
Frank
Life off the wire
Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Hi Frank, trafic will be a combination of local branch internet connection and part VPN to the HQ site for server access. So all site will still need to have data access to HQ

Guru Elite

I think we need a diagram to understand what you are talking about.  What you mentioned can be interpreted a number of ways.  You are talking about a number of different technologies and it might be helpful if you get some design help from someone who knows your network.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: