Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I'm monitoring some Aruba's AP within a virtual controller setup and i'm finding it difficult to gather connected user's information from every single AP. I've managed to count the connected users from every AP by summing this OID (through snmpwalk): SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.14823.2.3.3.1.2.4.1.3

snmpwalk -v2c -c SNMP $HOSTADDRESS SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.14823.2.3.3.1.2.4.1.3 | wc -l

But, when i do the same on the AP that's also the virtual controller i can only get the total number of connected users (including all other APs).

Is there an specific OID to gather the connected user's information of each AP or any other way i can achieve it?

Thanks!

Aruba

Re: OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

Have you checked our MIB reference guide here?

http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/14159/Default.aspx

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
New Contributor

Yes sir. Doesn't help much, can't see any OID to do that.

Guru Elite

If you have not already, why don't you try polling the table, instead:

table.png

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
New Contributor

Already did that, as it shows in the image it gives me MAC, IP address, etc... but when i poll the AP that is also the Virtual Controller i can't get the info only for the AP itself but from the entire "domain".

New Contributor

Any idea?

New Contributor

Anyone? I'm having this problem too. I need to monitor how many users are connected to the IAP environment, but I can't. I searched through the MIB files but there is nothing that can help me.

New Contributor

Hi

I cannot test this but have you tested or tried to SNMPwalk IP address of AP that has a role of VC/Master? As by design each AP should have theire own IP and another overall IP address on VC/Master. So the VC/Master should have two IP addresses.

New Contributor

Yep, i've already done this. No lucky.

The Aruba Support sended to me the IAP Reference MIB Guide, and there isn't a OID what show this information.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: