Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Contributor I

Operational Temperatures for IAP

Hi, I want to know if there is/are any model of IAP available that can function properly at lower temperatures like -40 degree celcius???

MVP

Re: Operational Temperatures for IAP

The AP-270 series bottom threshold is -40. http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_AP270Series.pdf
ACDX #419 | ACMP |
Contributor I

Hi Thank you very much for your reply.

As i see the datasheet for 270 series AP. Yes, it can withstand -40 to +65 degree celcius.

these seem to be outdoor AP. Can i use them in indoor environment. My requirement is to install the AP in a cold warehouse/store house operating/maintained at a temperature of -40.

I will use the AP in instant mode and that is well supported by this 270 series. Is there any lower model with operational temperature of -40 to +65?

Regrads,

Syed

Guru Elite

Speak with your Aruba account team or partner. A new indoor AP will be released shortly that will meet your needs. 

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had an application similar to this in a very large freezer in a food warehouse. The client didn't want to use outdoor APs. We installed a thin walled outdoor plastic enclosure, mounted it to the ceiling of the freezer, installed our IAP-105s and sealed them. We used 6 for this deployment and measured a very negligible drop in signal strength once the enclosures were sealed. The small amount of heat generated by the APs inside the enclosure have kept them happy for over 2 years in a very cold freezer. This is probably not recommend for everyone but the customer is happy and we haven't had a single service call.

Matt

Wireless Design & Installation, Knoxville, TN
providewireless.com
MVP

hi All,

you can use this kind of box

https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=570879&eventPage=1

his temperature range is

Environment Temp Range: -40 to 121 Deg F (-40 to 85 °C)

Regards,

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: