Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

Pinout serial for RAP-155P

[ Edited ]

does anyone know the pinout for the serial console cable for RAP-155P?

Aruba Employee

Re: Pinout serial for RAP-155P

Unfortunately, you can't build your own cable as the adaptor is not passive. You need to order one from Aruba. Same goes for RAP-3WN, AP-103.
Aruba Employee

The part number for this cable is:

AP-CBL-SER

This is mentioned in the ordering guide but might not be very clear from the pricelist.

Regular Contributor I

why this cant be build by oneself ? if you know what kind of adapter and pin-out then you can solder or ?

Guru Elite

bg wrote:

why this cant be build by oneself ? if you know what kind of adapter and pin-out then you can solder or ?

"Unfortunately, you can't build your own cable as the adaptor is not passive"

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

ah it's active, ok so some electric/circuit is inside. ok good to know , sorry. well anyways price of 75dollars is quite annoying . well most of the time a reset is working fine with pin-button but i have one RAp155 now and would like to know why it's not booting and so i normally use console access to see whether ap-boot shows something

Aruba

The adapter cable converts between TTL signal levels (AP side) and RS232 signals (console side) and draws power from the AP.

While I agree the (list) price is high, it's definitely worthwhile to order one of these when deploying any of the APs that have this interface (RAP-3, RAP-155, AP-103, AP-103H, and more to come).

/Onno Harms

/Onno
MVP

If you are a partner you can always get it with the super special discount of partner demo equipments :)

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Occasional Contributor II

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi...i am a new user here.In my case I can find the pins for the serial on the ap. My problem that I don't know what is the right orientation to connect the cable, because there is no sign on the pins what I can use for the right connection. By the way I tried to connect the with the two possible orientation but I can not see anything in the putty (serial, speed 9600). I am using Serial to USB converter because my laptop has no serial port but there is no problem with the normal RJ45 console ports, only with this special pin-based serial connection.So this is my question, what is the magic for the right connection?

one-stop pcb assembly services

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: