Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Contributor I

Problem with IAP-225 with more than 1 SSID and Android devices

We have a couple of the Aruba IAP-225's and are fairly happy with them after getting all the firmware updates. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with creating more than 1 SSID and it causing Android devices to no longer authenticate. My goal is to create a Guest SSID that guests can use to access the internet but block access to our servers. But as soon as I create another SSID all of our cell phones loose access to the access points. It doesn’t seem to bother the laptops with Intel Wifi adapters but the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Asus transformers just will not authenticate. The web interface shows they are trying but they never complete. We have a 2nd location across the street that we are using Netgear WAP’s with the same setup and when I get within range of those WAPs it connects just fine. Current firmware version installed is 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1_46936

Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this.

Guru Elite

Re: Problem with IAP-225 with more than 1 SSID and Android devices

What is the encryption type of that new ssid?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

We use WPA-WPA2 PSK with AES encryption.

Contributor I

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this?

If any additional information is needed to help diagnose this please let me know.

MVP

I have a few networks running 2 SSID's on IAP-225s.

1 Guest (open)
1 Employee (WPA2-PSK AES).
No issues running anywhere from 4.0.01 to 4.1.1.1.

No issues on my end.

A TAC case would be your best way to find a resolution.

Have you run any packet captures?
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Aruba has informed me they don't support their access points with out paying additional fees. After paying 1200 dollars per access point and then not working as good as the 300 dollar access points they replaced we are not willing to give another dollar to Aruba.

With that said I did find a solution.

After I created the new Guest SSID I had to disable our Main SSID and reboot the access points. After they came back up I re-enabled the Main SSID and our phones would then connect.

The laptops didn't have this same problem so it may not be a problem with the access points but it seems Samsung Galaxy s3, and ASUS Transformer running Android had some kind of problem with Aruba.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: