Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Contributor I

Radios wont change group assignment

We just started using Aruba Central. I have my first 2 AP's booted up and they show in the default group. I created a new group for the location they are at. I went to all groups>maintenance>device management and selected them. Then I clicked on assign group and chose my new group. They continue to show in the default group. Did I miss something or do I need to give them more time to switch? I made the change about 2 hours ago.

Guru Elite

Re: Radios wont change group assignment

Did you map them to a license as well?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor I

Yes. They have a license too.

Aruba Employee

To move device from one group to another, you need to go to group management window. Click on left side 'All groups' deck icon. This will open up left side menu showing all groups. On the top, there is a edit icon, click on that. It shows all groups and devices in the system. Select the device you want to move, and click on teh 'Move' button. From the next form select teh group, you want to move the device and click Save button.

The one you attempted earlier from device management page is to onboard a device before it comes to central. So if you assign group to a device from device management page, and the device come up in central with factory default settings, that device automatically go to that group.

Contributor I

Thank you for the help. This worked like a champ. Good to know the difference now.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: