Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Super Contributor I

Radius Proxy

dear all,

i found in Instant AP the item , Radius proxy, i have enderstand that is used  to proxy from different AP, so that  they will be sent  from the Virtual controlleur (with the cluster Address)

i have two question:

1. is it true ?!
  2. is it the best practice to use this method instead of the standard method  (configure each AP as a radius client ?:

Regards

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Guru Elite

Re: Radius Proxy

Dynamic Radius Proxy is a best practice. Some radius servers have a limit to the number of radius clients that can be configured. Having Dynamic radius proxy reduces administration.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Guru Elite

Correct. It prevents you from having to add each AP as a RADIUS client.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Super Contributor I

thank's for the help.

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Occasional Contributor II

Hello
1. it is true, all Radius requests were sent by the virtual controller address
2. it is a question of the configuration overhead (AP and Radius Server) and the functional safety with regard to bugs or something

I would use the Radius Proxy to avoid configuration mistakes and a single point of configuration

Regards
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: