Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Aruba

Radius timeout to NPS from instant

HI,

Frustratingly my NPS server is not responding to Radius request or tests from my Instant AP, 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.2

It has been added as Radius client with correct shared key etc etc.  The server responds to the test from my controller.

Wireshark shows that packets coming in, but there is no response.  Have tried disabling 'radius proxy' as well, and added the IAP ip, but same result.

Sort of stuck with why this is not working.  Any thoughts?

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Guru Elite

Re: Radius timeout to NPS from instant

Are you using a client to test radius authentication on instant?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

client and also from the CLI on the instant.  I've not seen this before, so is indeed strange.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Guru Elite

In the EventViewer on the Radius Server, look at the Custom NPS log to see if it is getting there, or if it is even being processed.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

nothing in event viewer and doesn't look like being processed.  I do see the events for the controller radius hits.

Tried rebooting the Instant and also the NPS, but same thing.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Guru Elite

It "looks" like a network issue.  If you have wireshark on the server and it sees the incoming traffic, it is up to the server to process it.  If you do not see it coming into the server via wireshark, you need to look closer to the IAP and see what could be blocking it.

Colin Joseph

Aruba

The packets are hitting the NPS, but not being processed.  Just can't figure out why.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Guru Elite

Is NPS listening on the wrong ports?

Colin Joseph

Aruba

D'oh.....schoolboy error.

Yes, you are correct, I changed the ports a few weeks ago.

Thanks

:smileyhappy:

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: