Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Frequent Contributor I

Rap with iap

Hello, I would like to know if is possible to have a RAP with iap (no controler)?
MVP

Re: Rap with iap

not possible you need a controller for the RAP . what devices do you have ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Aruba

The answer is "it depends".   

If you buy any currently available RAP product (RAP-3, RAP-108/9, RAP-155), they all come with the Instant OS on them.   You can then configure them in what is known as RAP-NG or IAP-VPN.   In essense, the IAP has the capability to create a VPN back to a controller and provide "Remote AP' functionality......with the added benefits of what IAPs can offer.

Older RAP models (RAP-2, RAP-5) do not have this capability as they do not ship (nor support) Instant OS.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Frequent Contributor I

[ Edited ]

My client have 5 IAP.

I don't want sell a controler for only a RAP, this is why I ask if I can use a RAP.

Aruba

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the confusion; Is the question whether you can terminate a RAP against an IAP cluster?   If that is the question, the answer is no.  That is one advantage of a controller based solution (support for Remote Access Points).  

BTW, if that is the case vfabian was correct in the 1st reply; I misunderstood your question.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

MVP

[ Edited ]

clembo wrote:

The answer is "it depends".   

If you buy any currently available RAP product (RAP-3, RAP-108/9, RAP-155), they all come with the Instant OS on them.   You can then configure them in what is known as RAP-NG or IAP-VPN.   In essense, the IAP has the capability to create a VPN back to a controller and provide "Remote AP' functionality......with the added benefits of what IAPs can offer.

Older RAP models (RAP-2, RAP-5) do not have this capability as they do not ship (nor support) Instant OS.

@clembo

Coming back to this old thread if that's ok...

What MC licenses would I need to do this ?

I want PEFV.. but a basic BoM build of licenses required to do this would be helpful.  Thanks.  I.e. I don't need AP licenses right ? Regardless of how many APs I backhaul IPSEC termination's to this controller ?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: