Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

SEEL-iAP

Hello,

Would there be any reason why by default under "System" , "Airwave" I would have a predefined configuration such as:

Organization: SEEL-IAP

Airwave Server: 63.80.98.49

Shared Key: **********

I have done a "clear configuration" and rebooted the IAP and this setting comes back. I manually remove it. It only comes back when the IAP is rebooted. 

IAP Version: 4.1.1.1 (it was 4.1.1.2 and I rolled it back)

I have not dont a "factory_reset" in the CLI yet. 

Thanks,

Rick

Guru Elite

Re: SEEL-iAP

Is this a new IAP?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

It is a IAP-115. I noticed this when I initially changed the config to hit my Airwave server. I was able to see it come up in Airwave. Once I turned it to ?manage? mode it the IAP has to reboot when then comes to this problem so my Airwave sees the AP as being down. Then I found out why. I completely took it off the network and rebooted it again and clear the config and the same thing.

The weird thing is if you actually insert that IP address into a browser it brings you to a Airwave server login and whats more weird is that its an IP address coming from Sunnyvale, CA.

Its a little scary because this whole time my IAP was in ?monitor? mode on someone else?s Airwave. I knew I was connected because at the bottom it said ?Airwave: Connected?

Thanks,
Rick
Guru Elite

Where did you get this IAP?

Occasional Contributor I

I won it at a Aruba conference sometime last year. It came with a 1-month free Aruba cloud trial but I never used it. Why?
Guru Elite

It is likely registered incorrectly in Aruba Activate. Please open a TAC
case or contact your Aruba SE.

Late to the show, but just wanted to add that SEEL is demo lab in Aruba HQ.  It's possible that your AP came from a collection that was early on provisioned to be used with that setup and then the extra APs were never cleaned out of the system.  Tim had it right in guessing that it's a possible Aruba Activate profile that's populating that AP.  Support maintains the Aruba Activate site.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: