Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

Setup for Instant as the DHCP Server

I am setting up an Instant 105 for personal use. I am currently getting DHCP from a Netgear Router. How do I configure the Instant to be the DHCP Server? What options/issues will I have and will it manage my Wired clients as well? The 105 is connected to a POE switch as well as the other desktops. 

Guru Elite

Re: Setup for Instant as the DHCP Server

That would be settings> Advanced

dhcp.png

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Aruba

[ Edited ]

Your setup may not require it, but for others who may read this:   you can setup additional scopes if necessary for other VLANs on the VPN tab under Settings (not the VPN link from the main page).   The use guide discusses the details of these settings, including the various types.

iap-dhcp.jpg

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

New Contributor

Domain Name  the IP address of the Virtual server?

DNS Server?

Mask?

MVP

you are configuring the network, that would be up to you.

MCR
Occasional Contributor I

The VPN based example given has conflicting instructions.  The image provided IS under the VPN link.  I can't find a VLANs tab under settings or advanced settings, only under the VPN link.  Also, based on the UG, it appears that only the local option would possibly work (if at all) since the others are described as only supporting VPN links to controllers that are not being used in most cases with an IAP that's not being converted.  Please clarify.

New Contributor

Hi Just set up a dhcp scope for my guest vlan . Found the instructions a little missleading click on the vpn link and then DHCP server.

dose not look to be many dchp options however.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: