Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

Two identical IAP-105 configured as standalone (same config) but they behave differently

Hi all community members,

I have two identical IAP-105.
I did the same configuration on each (standalone AP, used as survey access points), but when I start them, AP5 starts both radios (2,4 & 5GHz) while AP6 starts only 2,4GHz radio.

If I start AP6 only, it starts both radios (5GHz after a while) and then I start AP5 and it starts both radios.

5GHz radios should respect a 60s delay (due to 802.11h DFS-TPC regulation in Europe) but AP6 waits a lot more to start this section.
Any advice ?

I can provide the two config file, but they are the same (except for AP name and keys/passphrases/passwords).
Nota Bene : Although I did the same config, the resulting config shows the two SSID sections in reverse order :

wlan ssid-profile AP5-bgn
 enable
 work-without-uplink
 index 0
[...]
wlan ssid-profile AP5-an
 enable
 work-without-uplink
 index 1

wlan ssid-profile AP6-an
 enable
 work-without-uplink
 index 0
[...]
wlan ssid-profile AP6-bgn
 enable
 work-without-uplink
 index 1

Aruba

Re: Two identical IAP-105 configured as standalone (same config) but they behave differently

[ Edited ]

My experience with using APs for surveying is that if they decide to come up on channel 100 and above, it can take a good 4 mins or more before they start broadcasting.  If you configure it to exclude channels 100-132, it should come up a lot quicker.

What channel were they eventually coming up on?

Obviously if you need to survey on those channels, you have to live with that delay.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Two identical IAP-105 configured as standalone (same config) but they behave differently

Hi Michael

Thank you for this quick answer.

I have to double check, but as far as I remember, both IAP started on channels above 100...

Still I'ml wondering why the two IAP behave differently (AP #5 works as expected, i.e. 5GHz up 60s after 2,4GHz)...

Nevermind, I will do some additionnal tests and post the results in this thread and then I shall mark it as closed if the long delay is confirmed (4-5mn are still acceptable in a site survey context).

Have a nice day.

Occasional Contributor I

Hi Looks like there is a hardware problem with this AP#6 I have 4 other IAP-105 that are configured the same : all start up 5GHz band after the 60s delay. Only AP6 takes 10mn to boot up this band (but LED is on since 10mn...) Thanks again All
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: