Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

Upgrade firmware on IAP 225 through virtual controller

When trying to check for firmware updates on the IAP 225 virtual controller I get a "received no response from server" error.  Any idea how I can fix this?  

Guru Elite

Re: Upgrade firmware on IAP 225 through virtual controller

Do your IAPs have access to the internet?

If not, you can download the software image from support.arubanetworks.com

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, the AP's do have internet access.  I was able to update them this way once, but now I am trying to check to see if there is another upgrade, but I am getting that error.  I will check out the support site for the software image.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I experienced the same problem. The IAP 225 stated that a firmware upgrade was available. Performed upgrade to 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.8_46401. After reboot I checked to see if there were additional upgrades available and receive the error "received no response from the server"

Connection to the internet works fine.

MVP

salindquist you might get the same message but your situation can be quite different, so my advise is create a new thread provide full info: AP types, network setup, firmware version, other details, ...

i would try it again a while later, might be a internet or auruba server hickup.

i tried it on version 4.1.1.2, 4.0.0.8 and 4.0.0.9 on a IAP-105 (so different AP and different firmware) and it worked fine with all, got either the upgrade message or no new firmware available.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: