Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Regular Contributor I

WLAN Ping response is more than 1000ms

[ Edited ]

When i do ping google.com -t on WLAN, I am getting too much delay repsonse even in 4digits 1000, 1150, 1400, 1600, but not more than 2000ms. When i do ping google.com -t on LAN, I am getting delay not more than 300ms.

Although my WAN interface for LAN and WLAN is same in both cases. 

what is happening on my WLAN ?

Guru Elite

Re: WLAN Ping response is more than 1000ms

It could be a number of things. You should ping the default gateway to isolate your possible issue from your internet connection.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Through LAN I checked the ping response of VC IP, IAPs IP and VLANs default gateway which is not more than 3ms. google & facebook ping response not more than 300ms.

Through WLAN  I checked the ping response of VC IP 1800ms, IAPs IP 1150ms, VLANs default gateway ping response 1600ms and google/facebook ping respose more than 1200ms.

WAN interface is same in both cases. When i do the tracert google.com from LAN I didnt found  any latency on the internet path. VLANs are same on LAN and WLAN.

What should i do now ?????

Your valuable support in this regard will be appreciable.

ed
Contributor I

Do you also get a slow response when you ping from the VC using a SSH Telnet session?

Regular Contributor I

Yes from VC as well too much delay.

Regular Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Does it required to upgrade the AOS ?

current AOS 6.3.1.8 4.0.0.6

Guru Elite

If you are in the VC and are pinging from there, it should match your wired ping times. If it is significantly more you should probably consider opening a TAC case.

I would also make sure that the physical ports you plug the VC into does not have any errors.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

There are 32 accesss points based on virtual controller solution.

When i connect my laptop to that port where the IAP is connected and checked the ping response wich is not more than 300 sec on google and facebook. Also when i ping the VC-IP, IAPs IP and VLANs default gateway IP i am getting the delay response not more than 3ms.

When i get connected to the WLAN and ping the default gateway of my vlan  I am getting the delay response too much.

Guru Elite

If you SSH into the VC and you don't have a problem pinging wired endpoints your issue could be congestion or contention on your WLAN. How many SSIDs and users do you have? Do you have broadcast filtering on all of your SSIDs?

Colin Joseph

Regular Contributor I

Yeh broadcast filtering is enabled.

total 4 SSID with broadcast filtering enabled.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: