Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

What is the correct antenna orientation on the IAP-204?

What is the correct antenna orientation for a IAP-204? Either for a ceiling or wall mount. I have been trying to find documentation, but cannot.

Guru Elite

Re: What is the correct antenna orientation on the IAP-204?

It depends on the antenna.  Which external antenna is it and what coverage are you trying to acheive?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

PN: AP-ANT-1W

DESC: 2.4G/4DB, 5G/6DB, OMNI, RPSMA, DM, WHITE

These are for high school classroom useage. We just rescently bought 350 units of the APIN0204 and are beginning to install them. We don't want to revisit each classroom.

Do we even need to attach the external antennae? Are there internal antennae in these devices?

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

The 204 is the external antenna version of the AP205.  You need to install the antennas vertically:

If the AP is mounted on the wall, the antenna should be oriented straight up and down vertically.  If the AP is mounted on the ceiling, the antennas need to be bent at an angle so that they are all vertical, straight up and down.

Yes, you need to install antennas on that AP.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Thank you Colin

New Contributor

Hi All,

I was thinking exactly the same, having the antennas straight down in a 'parrallel' fasion, thinking divercity.

but then I saw the hardware install guide where they say that you need to position them looking 'left' and 'right' in a 45° angle?

Can you clarify this?

Guru Elite

Please see  the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Recommended-AP-304-and-AP-314-Antenna-Configurations/m-p/276800#M64103

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: