Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

Win 7 Settings for Enterprise/Internal Server

I am trialing some Aruba to replace what I have and was hoping to get some help on something. I have looked looked high and low on the internet for Windows 7 Client settings for Aruba Central configuration settings and could use some help please to get these clients connected to wireless.

I have configured an SSID using the following:

Security Level: Enterprise

Key Management: WPA-2-Enterprise

Authentication: internal server

I have manually created a network on the win 7 machine with the right SSID number and set the security type to WPA2-Enteprise wth AES encryption. It also has MS protected EAP PEAP. I have validate server certificate checked along with secured password EAP-MSCHAP set at bottom along with fast reconnect. Then in advanced settings i am selecting specifiying user authentication and am putting in the user id and pass that I setup with the internal aruba server. I have done this with another vendors WAPs and it worked however I have tried different ways for Aruba but cannot get it to connect and could use some help for Windows 7. Thanks for any and all help!!!!

Guru Elite

Re: Win 7 Settings for Enterprise/Internal Server

Just to test, can you disable the server certificate verification and see if you can connect?

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Occasional Contributor I

Yes when I disable validate server cert I can connect and it works.

Guru Elite

In a production environment, you would upload a custom certificate and configure the client devices to match.

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Occasional Contributor I

Thank you or the help, I will get a signed cert.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: