Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

Wired Profiles

Hello, I am fairly new to Aruba, and I am wondering what is the Wired Network Profile used for?

Does my eth0/0 port need to be configured with a wired profile? This is the only port I use, it is defined as a trunk port on the connected dell switch.

I have a data VLAN that the IAP's are IP addressed within and this is defined on the System settings.

I have 2 SSID's each on their own VLAN as well.

I ask because my two IAP's keep appearing as master when I log into the virtual controller, then I get kicked out, once logged back in the other IAP is the master.

Thanks for your help.

MVP

Re: Wired Profiles

Hi JimJones,

The wired port profile is used to configure how the wired port on your IAP behaves. By default it's set as an access port. You can also configure it in trunk mode and set a default VLAN and allowed VLANs which it sounds like you'll need to do.

Can you let me know what VLAN and IP each IAP has been assigned?

Cheers

James

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
New Contributor

Hi James.

Both IAP's are setup to be managed in VLAN 2, 

IAP1: 172.18.24.220

IAP2: 172.18.24.221

Virtual Controller: 172.18.24.222

Then we have two SSID's one using VLAN 6, the other VLAN 100.

I have set the wired profile to a trunk port, with the native VLAN set as 2, and allowing 'all' VLANs.

I decided to reset one IAP and now it will not join to the Virtual Controller already on the network, so I now have two standalone IAP's, not ideal but it is working. I have a feeling we have a layer 2 issue, because both IAP's are on the same country code and auto join is definetely enabled at the GUI.

MVP

I'd setup the wired ap profile like so.

Mode: Trunk
Allowed VLANs: 6,100

Native VLAN: 2

Disclaimer: Backup your config! Test this on one of your APs to ensure it behaves as desired.

Cheers

James

Cheers
James

-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: