Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

chromecast support with IAP

Chromecast gets associated with IAP and I am able to setup chromecast but none of the other devices in the same network are able to find any chromecasts devices.

Chromecast worked perfectly well with cheap huawei AP and with Aruba controller based network.

I tried to tweek airgroup settings but it didn't help. 

MVP

Re: chromecast support with IAP

2. In the Aruba GUI, go to More-->Services

3. Under the Airgroup tab, check the Enable DLNA box

4. Under AirGroup Service, enable the following:

-googlecast

-DIAL

-DLNA Media
*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
MVP

If the above dosent work,try to disabling Airgoup, then unchecking Drop Broadcast and Multicast,
*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Occasional Contributor I

Unfortunately didn't work. No effect with airgroup. I found under WLAN settings broadcast/multicast section disabled broadcast filtering. Multicast optimization was disabled by default. No difference if it was enabled or desabled.

Anything else I should try?

Guru Elite

What version of Aruba Instant is this?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Occasional Contributor I

HI cjoseph,

The version is 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666 which should be the latest. Chromast devices are the first generation.

:-j

Guru Elite

Are the chromecast devices connected to the same SSID as the devices that need to control them?  Do you have Firewall policies on devices that connect to that SSID?  If you have firewall policies, please change them to unrestricted.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Occasional Contributor I

They are in the same ssid and there are no firewall rules. Very basic employee ssid with security level wpa2. I just tried with both wpa2 and wpa. Let's see what happens. 

In the virtual controller point of view they look just perfect. They have got IP addresses etc. I tried with huawei and it works. Looks like something is blocked by IAP.

Occasional Contributor I

It works in aruba controller based wlan. What could be so much different with aruba IAP because it doesn't work?

Guru Elite

We need to see your entire config, to understand what could be going on. 

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: