Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

how to change native vlan of IAP from aruba central

Hello,

I'm managing my IAP from aruba central, I would like to change the native vlan of my IAPs to tag vlan 1 for another SSID.

Someone knows how to do it?

To explain what I want to do:

Management Vlan : 100

SSID1: vlan 110

SSID2: Vlan 1

Thanks

Aruba Employee

Re: how to change native vlan of IAP from aruba central

Hi,

You can set the Management VLAN in central. head to Configuration-->Access Points. You will get a list of all connected IAP's. Select one by clicking on the pencil at the and of the row. You will get a configuration screen. Open the "Uplink" context. There you can set the management vlan:

2016-12-15 - Management VLAN.png

The configured Management VLAN will be send out tagged. 

BR

Florian

visit our Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJCnuXFGfEbwEzfcgU_ERQ/featured
Please visit my personal blog as well:
https://www.flomain.de
New Contributor

Hi,

First, thanks for your answer.

I knew this feature, but if I well understood, management vlan is tagged and not untagged.

Infact, I would like to change the native vlan and to have the management vlan untagged because on the switch port I have untagged vlan 100 (management vlan) and tagged vlan 1 and 110.

Thanks

Aruba Employee

[ Edited ]

Hello.

Based on my experience configuring IAPs and switches, the management VLAN is untagged (native for Cisco switches, PVID for most others).  The additional VLANs are tagged.

On my switch (Aruba 2920), the ports for the IAPs are untagged for VLAN 10 (my management network) and tagged for VLAN 11 (internal/employee) and 13 (guest).

In Aruba Central, I configured the VC (System/General) with the static IP address, mask, and gateway I wanted for the IAP, and VLAN 10 as the VC VLAN.  For each IAP, I have also set the VLAN to 10 for uplink management for each IAP.

For each WLAN, I've set the VLAN to static, with VLAN 11 for employee and 13 for guest.  I could also use ClearPass or another RADIUS server to set the VLAN for the user, based on RADIUS response (Dynamic) or rules I create for the WLAN.

But the short version is that the management VLAN is untagged, and any specific VLANs for ESSIDs will be tagged.

New Contributor

Hello,

I tried it but whitout success.

Switch port configuration:

- VLAN 110 (management) untagged

- VLAN 1 tagged

IAP Configuration:

- Uplink management VLAN : 110

- SSID 1: vlan static 1

After this configuration, my IAP can't access to its gateway anymore and clients of SSID 1 get an IP in vlan 110.

Any idea? did I make mistake in my configuration?

thanks

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: