Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

investigating drop outs

Hi all

sorry about such a general question, I'm new to managing a Aurba Instant deployment.

I have a site, with 6 InstantsAP (AP215) about 30 staff and 3-4 staff complain of dropping off the wireless 10-20 times a day, I have airwave for managing the IAP and all staff use Microsoft Surface Pro 3 AD joined.

In Airwave I get the following usage chart.  The surface seems to reassocites it self every hour, staff who do not have drop outs , have clean usage charts. where should I start in investigating this sort of issue?Capture111.PNG

Any help would be great :)

Cheers, stephen

Guru Elite

Re: investigating drop outs

On the SSID, make sure you have "broadcast filter ARP" enabled.

Under RF > Advanced, Make sure your max tx power is no more than 18.  Also make sure 80 mhz channels is disabled.  Start with that.

Frequently the power is too high, or broadcast filtering is not enabled, and that causes disconnects.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
New Contributor

Hi Colin

in my template I have:

arm
 wide-bands 5ghz
 min-tx-power 18
 max-tx-power 127
 band-steering-mode prefer-5ghz
 air-time-fairness-mode fair-access
 client-aware
 scanning
 client-match

and I do have "broadcast-filter arp" in the SSID profile

So I guess I'm transmitting to much power?

Also how do I disable 80Mhz channels?

Guru Elite

Make min tx power 12 and max tx power 18.;

Make 80 mhz channels none.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: