Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

max-client-threshold set to 255 only get 110 clients max

Hello all,

I know that the number of clients is absurd , but we are testing using one IAP104 with max-clients set to 255 and only 110 of 124 Windows CE devices are being allowed. I dont have access to the AP at this moment but I downloaded the latest release from the Maintenance Tab.  No settings were used to limit B/W. We are using single SSID, portal connected to a SOHO router with the wireless clients sending data to the SOHO wan port.  We are testing using muliple file sends over FTP to a SQL database.  The other manufacturures AP connects to all 124 test clients and tansmitts sucessfully to SQL.

Anyone have a clue as to why the number set on the SSID for max clients, in no way correlates to the results I am seeing???

Aruba

Re: max-client-threshold set to 255 only get 110 clients max

Just a shot in the dark, but are there adequate available DHCP leases for that network? Can that same 111th device connect to another SSID on that AP (on the same vlan)?
------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used the Virtual Controller DHCP, and I don't believe that it was limited to 110 clients.  I also spoke with Aruba TAC and they said that there was a limit to 120 clients with the Instant Technology.

Frequent Contributor I

Do you have encryption? Our customer reported that with WPA(2)-PSK there was such limit. 

Regards, 

Marek 

Marek Krauze, CWNE# 174, ACMX #295, ACDX #356
Something cool, helpful or interesting in my post - click the Kudos Star.
Helped to solve your problem - Click Accept as Solution
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: