ASE Link: Go to the solution
This solution will be used to configure licensing in an ArubaOS 8.0 deployment.
ACRONYMS USED IN THIS SOLUTION
- MM - Mobility Master
- MC - Mobility Controller. Can be MM managed, standalone, etc.
- PEF - Policy Enforcement Firewall. This per-AP license enables firewall capabilities on the MC that include role-based access, ACLs and DPI.
- RFP - RF Protect. A per-AP license that enables spectrum monitoring and WIDS/WIPS features on the MC.
- WebCC - Web Content Classification. A subscription-based license to classify/filter web content.
- ACR - Advanced Cryptography. A session-based license that enables the Suite-B crypto ciphers to be used in VPN for VIA connections.
- xSec - Extreme Security. This license enables the xSec protocol that can be used to secure Layer-2 traffic between an Aruba controller and wired and wireless clients, or between Aruba controllers.
Using this solution, you can configure global licensing and license pools on an MM or standalone MC.
ABOUT LICENSE POOLS
By default, all managed devices associated to the same Mobility Master share a global pool of licenses that includes all the shareable licenses added to the Mobility Master. ArubaOS also allows you to create individual licensing pools at a configuration node, allowing managed devices below that node to share licenses amongst themselves but not with other managed devices.
If you create a license pool for the configuration node /USA, as shown in the figure, the four managed devices below this node use licenses from the /USA pool, while the other managed devices continue to use the global pool. If the /USA license pool is allocated 40 of the 100 AP licenses installed on Mobility Master, the four managed devices using the /USA pool can share 40 AP licenses from Mobility Master. The global license pool now contains only 60 of the AP licenses from the Mobility Master.
- ArubaOS 8.0.1
- This solution assumes the appropriate AP/PEF/RFP/PEF-V/WebCC/ACR licenses are already added to the MM/MC.